Suffolk Show 2017: Day One photo gallery and highlights, plus Day Two preview
- Credit: Gregg Brown
From gun dog displays and a dramatic Mascot Derby to dairy cattle contests and fashion boutiques, thousands of visitors enjoyed a memorable Suffolk Show in the sun yesterday.
Below, we recap some of the highlights at Trinity Park (all include more photo galleries or videos) and look ahead to today’s offering.
• Interview with Bee Kemball, the first female director of the Suffolk Show in its 185-year history.• Video: The Shetland Pony Grand National President’s Ring final.• Tractor Boy laments ‘Steven Gerrard slip’ to finish third in Mascot Derby.
Today’s attractions include:
• Long Service Awards (10.30am, President’s Lawn).
• The Spirit of Suffolk Young Farmers (11.30am, The President’s Ring).
• Tallest Jelly Competition (11am, Trinity Park).
• Shetland Pony Grand National (11.50am, The Grand Ring).
- 1 How to get a free pint at a Suffolk pub if you have one of 23 surnames
- 2 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 6 Man, 26, who distributed indecent images of children avoids prison
- 7 Suspected right-wing terrorist arrested in Ipswich by Met Police
- 8 Rail strike announced over Latitude Festival weekend
- 9 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
• Suffolk Gundogs (1.30pm, Horse & Country Ring).
Meanwhile, the weather is set to get slightly hotter today. Adam Drury, forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “It will be a dry, clouder start, with sunny spells in the afternoon. Temperatures should climb by a few degrees to 23C (73.4F) with a slight breeze, and it should not rain again.”
Travel advice: On the A12 from Woodbridge, take the Bucklesham route. From the west on the A14, come off at Seven Hills. From Ipswich, use Bucklesham Road. See here for more.
Opening time: 7am. No admission after 5pm.