Suffolk Show travel: How to make your journey as smooth as possible
Traffic is expected to gradually build as motorists head towards the Suffolk Show this morning.
Police have urged people to expect delays, allow extra time for journeys and, if possible, avoid travelling in the area during peak times.
New arrangements are in place at Trinity Park in a bid to improve traffic flow into parking areas.
Drivers approaching along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed along the Bucklesham village route, while those approaching from the west along the A14 are asked to use lane one after the Orwell Bridge to minimise the disruption for vehicles travelling to Felixstowe, and to then come off at the Seven Hills A14/ A12 roundabout, use both lanes on the slip road off the A14 and then utilise two lanes around the roundabout itself towards the showground.
Traffic from Ipswich should make use of arrangements along Bucklesham Road to access Gate Four, while those approaching from Felixstowe should follow signing off the A14 prior to the Seven Hills junction. Drivers are being asked to follow these routes in reverse when leaving the showground, with two lanes of traffic flowing from Gate 10 back to the Seven Hills interchange.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “In recent years congestion has been fairly minimal but the sheer volume of traffic heading to the site means there may be some hold-ups, particularly near the A12/A14 Seven Hills junction.
“Regardless of whether you’re heading to the show or not officers are urging you to follow signing and arrangements in place to ensure things run as smoothly as possible.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid