Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran’s new single with Beyonce hits third in the UK charts
- Credit: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Ed Sheeran’s newly released single – a duet with Beyonce – has reached number three in the UK charts.
The Framlingham singer’s re-release of his track Perfect, performed with the American superstar, took place at midnight last night.
Bookies have tipped it as favourite for the Christmas number one.
Today it fell short of immediately hitting the top spot in the charts, which was held onto by Camila Cabello’s Havana for a fifth straight week.
Rita Ora’s song Anywhere was a close contender though, with only just over 1,000 sales separating the two.
However, Ed Sheeran’s album Divide has been confirmed by the Official Charts Company as the fast-selling album of the year in the UK – selling 672,000 copies in the first week of its release.
Second place – Human, by Rag’n’Bone Man – was some way behind with 117,000 copies sold in the same time frame.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 5 of the highest paid jobs in Suffolk right now
- 8 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
Topping the album charts this week is Noel Gallagher’s third album Who Built The Moon?
In second place is Sam Smith’s The Thrill Of It All, while Little Mix’s former number one, Glory Days, rocketed back up to third following the release of a platinum edition.