Suffolk singers have the X factor
TWO SUFFOLK singers striving to reach the big time have today been assured they have got the X factor.The endorsement is not from television expert Simon Cowell but East Anglia's very own singing judges.
TWO SUFFOLK singers striving to reach the big time have today been assured they have got the X factor.
The endorsement is not from television expert Simon Cowell but East Anglia's very own singing judges.
Andrew Spall, of Manchester Road, Ipswich, and Kate Waddell, of Witnesham, have been announced as runners up in East Anglia's X-Style Factor competition - the region's answer to ITV's X-Factor show.
More than 250 hopefuls auditioned for the competition.
You may also want to watch:
The other Suffolk finalists - Cassie Welfare, of Rosehill Road, Ipswich, and Lisa Pennie, of Swansea Avenue, Ipswich - were eliminated in the heats.
The competition was won by 18-year-old Cara Hawkins, of Great Yarmouth. Miss Hawkins won £500 and a 12-month agency contract at the final on Sunday .
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
Mr Spall, a 31-year-old postman, made the headlines in 2004 when he won a competition to sing alongside Elton John at his concert at Ipswich Town Football Club's Portman Road.
Organiser Andy Styles said: “The grand final went tremendously well.
“The audience were terrific and very appreciative of the talent we had on stage. All the singers did marvellously.
“At the end of the evening we asked the audience if they would support us in throwing down a challenge to Simon Cowell, Louie Walsh and Sharon Osbourne.
“We want to put our winner head to head with the winner of the X Factor and the audience agreed so look out.”