A12 police chase teenager to be sentenced next week
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who was involved in a police chase along the A12 from Colchester to Ipswich will be sentenced next week.
Peri Wacey, 18, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, was arrested following the incident on May 8 which ended at Copdock, near Ipswich.
Wacey appeared at Ipswich Crown Court for a plea hearing on Friday, June 7, and admitted aggravated vehicle taking - during which he drove dangerously on the A12, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.
He also admitted careless driving in Upper Orwell Street, Ipswich, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance in relation to another police pursuit on Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, on Wednesday, May 3.
Judge Martyn Levett adjourned sentence until next Friday, June 14.
You may also want to watch:
Wacey, who has a number of previous convictions, was remanded in custody.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions