Audi stolen in Ipswich crashes into fuel tanker 150 miles away
- Credit: citizenside.com
Three teenagers have been arrested and three more are in hospital after an Audi A4 stolen in Ipswich crashed into a fuel tanker on the M1 in Derbyshire.
The car was reportedly taken from Foxhall Road in Ipswich at around 4.30am on Wednesday – before it travelled more than 150 miles into Derbyshire.
Suffolk police alerted other forces about the Audi – it was later spotted in Nottinghamshire, where it failed to stop for police.
Officers chased it through the east Midlands before the pursuit came to a dramatic end at around 6.30am when the Audi was involved in a multi-vehicle crash on a slip road off the M1, at junction 30.
One of the vehicles was a fuel tanker, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Two teenage boys from Ipswich, aged 14 and 17, and a 14-year-old boy from Thetford were arrested on suspicion of burglary and other offences in connection with the incident.
A further three boys, aged 15, 16, and 17, are in hospital in Sheffield where they are being treated for serious injuries, which are not life-threatening.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
The crash closed the M1 for several hours police investigated, and it re-opened at around 11am on Thursday.
Officials from the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been contacted about the incident.