Suffolk to thank for fast Eddie stunts
EDDIE Murphy has Ipswich to thank for helping him escape during the chase scene in his latest film, I Spy.His new block-buster, which is a re-make of a 60s show, may be set in America and star Tinsel Town pin ups but it also has links here in Suffolk.
EDDIE Murphy has Ipswich to thank for helping him escape during the chase scene in his latest film, I Spy.
His new block-buster, which is a re-make of a 60s show, may be set in America and star Tinsel Town pin ups but it also has links here in Suffolk.
Buzz Scooters, based in ------, supplied three of the scooters which were customised and used in some of the chase scenes.
The scooters, all Vespa PXs, were specially adapted by Bickers Action, based in Suffolk, who specialise in supplying and modifying vehicles for films.
You may also want to watch:
The Vespas were transformed into tricycles and had to made strong enough to be ridden down two flights of stairs.
Look closely and you will spot the silver machines as they whisk Eddie and his side-kick out of harms way.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Simon Down, one of the owners of Buzz Scooters, said it was great to finally watch the film.
He said: I saw the film last week and thought it was good, it is very humorous and it was nice to finally see the scooters in action.
"I also got to see the scooters when they were finished and they looked great, although they are not quite how they appeared in the film. They have all been customised but they only use one, then they have one for parts and one just in case anything happens to the other.
"The scooter was used in a scene with a balloon, a car transporter and lots of cars and Eddie Murphy and his fellow spy made their getaway on it.
"We have been involved in other films like Absolute Beginners and also some advertising and I have a bubble car called a Messerschmitt which has also been used for filming."
I Spy is out in cinemas now.