Suffolk to thank for fast Eddie stunts
EDDIE Murphy has Ipswich to thank for helping him escape during the chase scene in his latest film, I Spy.His new block-buster, which is a re-make of a 60s show, may be set in America and star Tinsel Town pin ups but it also has links here in Suffolk.
EDDIE Murphy has Ipswich to thank for helping him escape during the chase scene in his latest film, I Spy.
His new block-buster, which is a re-make of a 60s show, may be set in America and star Tinsel Town pin ups but it also has links here in Suffolk.
Buzz Scooters, based in ------, supplied three of the scooters which were customised and used in some of the chase scenes.
The scooters, all Vespa PXs, were specially adapted by Bickers Action, based in Suffolk, who specialise in supplying and modifying vehicles for films.
The Vespas were transformed into tricycles and had to made strong enough to be ridden down two flights of stairs.
Look closely and you will spot the silver machines as they whisk Eddie and his side-kick out of harms way.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
Simon Down, one of the owners of Buzz Scooters, said it was great to finally watch the film.
He said: I saw the film last week and thought it was good, it is very humorous and it was nice to finally see the scooters in action.
"I also got to see the scooters when they were finished and they looked great, although they are not quite how they appeared in the film. They have all been customised but they only use one, then they have one for parts and one just in case anything happens to the other.
"The scooter was used in a scene with a balloon, a car transporter and lots of cars and Eddie Murphy and his fellow spy made their getaway on it.
"We have been involved in other films like Absolute Beginners and also some advertising and I have a bubble car called a Messerschmitt which has also been used for filming."
I Spy is out in cinemas now.