Severe delays on A14 after lorry tyre shredded in blow out
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were hit with delays on the A14 after a lorry suffered a tyre blow out, causing a lane to be closed.
Police were called to assist at the scene of the incident on the eastbound carriageway at junction 52, close to Great Blakenham and Claydon.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the heavy good vehicle's tyre had been shredded and that the vehicle was awaiting for a tyre fitter to come along.
One lane was closed while the incident was dealt with, with motorists suffering delays of 15 minutes or more as slow-moving traffic was backed up as far as junction 51 for Needham Market.
Motorist Mark Langford, of Stowmarket, who was caught in the tailback, said: "The tyre was well and truly shredded so the lorry was going nowhere until it was changed.
You may also want to watch:
"The police had it all under control, there were three cars there and they kept traffic moving."
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today