Leave your loved one a heartfelt Valentine’s Day message here
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
With the day of love just around the corner, we are giving besotted Suffolk couples the chance to publicly declare their love for another.
You can submit your message using the form below and we will run a selection of them online on February 14.
Just tell us your name, the name of your beloved and the message you want to send them on Valentine’s Day, plus if you want to, you can sumbit a photo of you both.
The first Valentine’s Day was in the year of 496, since then it has been celebrated annually on February 14.
Having a Valentine is thought to originate from a Roman Festival.
You may also want to watch:
The festival was called Lupercalia and was in the middle of February.
As part of the celebrations it is thought that boys drew names of girls from a box.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
They would be boyfriend and girlfriend during the festival and sometimes they would get married.
The church then wanted to turn the festival into a Christian celebration and decided to use it to remember St Valentine too.