Suffolk village wedding for Claudia
SUPERMODEL Claudia Schiffer is set to marry her film producer fiancé in Suffolk.The German catwalk star, 31, is believed to have handpicked a rural location close to the Essex border for her wedding to Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels producer Matthew Vaughn.
SUPERMODEL Claudia Schiffer is set to marry her film producer fiancé in Suffolk.
The German catwalk star, 31, is believed to have handpicked a rural location close to the Essex border for her wedding to Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels producer Matthew Vaughn.
Earlier this week, it was revealed Schiffer had set the date of her wedding for May 25 – and the EADT understands the celebrity couple will tie the knot in a village near Sudbury. Her choice of venue comes after it is also believed the blonde bombshell has bought a property in west Suffolk.
Top names as Elton John and Madonna will be on the guest list for the star-studded bash, to which the couple have reportedly invited 300 prominent guests.
German celebrity magazine Bunte revealed on Wednesday the star's plans to wed. It reported Schiffer and Vaughn, who have been together for 16 months, had been viewing various English churches.
The previous week, the magazine quoted Schiffer's mother, Gudrun, as predicting her daughter would marry Vaughn, who is also 31, within the next six months.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 7 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 8 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
Vaughn, who also produced the hit film Snatch with Guy Ritchie, acted as best man for the celebrated director at his wedding to Madonna at Skibo Castle in the Scottish Highlands in December 2000.
He is the son of Man From Uncle star Robert Vaughn and is said to have won the affections of his fiancée when he gave her a tortoise as a gift.
One of the most famous faces in the world, Schiffer has appeared on the cover of 550 magazines in the past 15 years and was previously engaged to magician David Copperfield for six years. Before she met Vaughn, she dated Green Shield Stamps heir Tim Jefferies.
Discovered at the age 17 by a modelling agency while dancing in a Dusseldorf disco, Schiffer went on to become a fresh-faced symbol for modern Germany.
She remains a prominent figure there, playing a starring role in the country's successful bid to host the 2006 World Cup.
Schiffer is believed to be one of the wealthiest German women of her generation, earning an estimated £35,000 a day. Her net worth was estimated by Forbes magazine at about £38million.