Suffolk: Weather goes from one extreme to the other!
WHAT a difference a day makes!
Just 24 hours ago, people were sunbathing on the beach and splashing in the sea, lazing in parks and gardens, soaking up the sun in Mediterranean temperatures.
Today has been the exact opposite – with wet weather sending everyone diving for cover.
Packed yesterday, the beaches and prom at Felixstowe today were deserted as the rain lashed down from early morning.
Across Suffolk, the picture was much the same with shopkeepers staring at empty streets and parents amusing their children indoors.
You may also want to watch:
The change which saw a weather system from the west sweep away the humid temperatures – up to 30C in some places and now down to 19C – was exactly as the met men predicted.
Forecasters say the rain should be gone from most areas by nightfall, and tomorrow should again be bright and sunny, but with fresher, cooler air than earlier in the week.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Temperatures tomorrow should reach between 20C and 22C. Saturday wil be much the same but possibly only as high as 20C.