Suffolk: Weather goes from one extreme to the other!
WHAT a difference a day makes!
Just 24 hours ago, people were sunbathing on the beach and splashing in the sea, lazing in parks and gardens, soaking up the sun in Mediterranean temperatures.
Today has been the exact opposite – with wet weather sending everyone diving for cover.
Packed yesterday, the beaches and prom at Felixstowe today were deserted as the rain lashed down from early morning.
Across Suffolk, the picture was much the same with shopkeepers staring at empty streets and parents amusing their children indoors.
The change which saw a weather system from the west sweep away the humid temperatures – up to 30C in some places and now down to 19C – was exactly as the met men predicted.
Forecasters say the rain should be gone from most areas by nightfall, and tomorrow should again be bright and sunny, but with fresher, cooler air than earlier in the week.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 10 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
Temperatures tomorrow should reach between 20C and 22C. Saturday wil be much the same but possibly only as high as 20C.