Suffolk: What were the top stories of 2012?
MICHAEL Chopra’s winning goal against Bolton Wanderers and a tragic incident at Asda were among your top reads of the past 12 months.
Looking back at our web figures after a year brimming with news we can tell you your top stories of 2012.
The most popular Ipswich Star news story of 2012 was the tragic fatality at Asda store in Stoke Park Drive, Ipswich.
A man died on Friday night after his car crashed at the Ipswich superstore.
In June an Ipswich teacher was charged with 23 sexual offences against children.
Stephen Benson, 50, of Pearsons Way, Copdock, who has been suspended by Copleston High School, denies the allegations.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 5 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 6 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 Two arrests made following stabbing
In September a body was discovered in the River Orwell at Stoke Bridge, Ipswich.
The body was later identified as that of 26-year-old Peter Ralph.
The most popular Ipswich Star sport stories of 2012 include an article from February about a bizarre banner that has done nothing for the reputation of Ipswich Town fans.
he actions of a small number of Ipswich Town supporters created unnecessary tension with Brighton & Hove Albion.
The match report and gallery from the Bolton v Ipswich Town game in December was also popular with our web readers, Michael Chopra’s 90th minute goal stretched Town’s unbeaten run to three matches and lifted them further away from the relegation zone.
In November, Town took on Nottingham Forest and an impressive 3-1 win meant they were clear of the Championship relegation zone.
What was your favourite story from 2012?