Suffolk: What were the top stories of 2012?
MICHAEL Chopra’s winning goal against Bolton Wanderers and a tragic incident at Asda were among your top reads of the past 12 months.
Looking back at our web figures after a year brimming with news we can tell you your top stories of 2012.
The most popular Ipswich Star news story of 2012 was the tragic fatality at Asda store in Stoke Park Drive, Ipswich.
A man died on Friday night after his car crashed at the Ipswich superstore.
You may also want to watch:
In June an Ipswich teacher was charged with 23 sexual offences against children.
Stephen Benson, 50, of Pearsons Way, Copdock, who has been suspended by Copleston High School, denies the allegations.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
In September a body was discovered in the River Orwell at Stoke Bridge, Ipswich.
The body was later identified as that of 26-year-old Peter Ralph.
The most popular Ipswich Star sport stories of 2012 include an article from February about a bizarre banner that has done nothing for the reputation of Ipswich Town fans.
he actions of a small number of Ipswich Town supporters created unnecessary tension with Brighton & Hove Albion.
The match report and gallery from the Bolton v Ipswich Town game in December was also popular with our web readers, Michael Chopra’s 90th minute goal stretched Town’s unbeaten run to three matches and lifted them further away from the relegation zone.
In November, Town took on Nottingham Forest and an impressive 3-1 win meant they were clear of the Championship relegation zone.
What was your favourite story from 2012?