Sugababes set to head to Suffolk
TOP girl band, The Sugababes has been announced as the latest in a long line of star-studded names to head to Suffolk this year.They are due to play at the two day Somerleyton Music Weekend near Lowestoft on August 10, which will also see Jools Holland and Lulu in the line up.
TOP girl band, The Sugababes has been announced as the latest in a long line of star-studded names to head to Suffolk this year.
They are due to play at the two day Somerleyton Music Weekend near Lowestoft on August 10, which will also see Jools Holland and Lulu in the line up.
They join triple-platinum selling singer songwriter Damien Rice, Canadian indie-rockers Arcade Fire and Damon Albarn's new band The Good, The Bad and The Queen on the list of top names coming to the area who were this week revealed to be playing at the Latitude Festivalat Henham Park on July 12-15.
Now locals believe that north Suffolk is becoming a haven for top musical events, which will have an unprecedented affect on tourism and the local economy.
You may also want to watch:
Adele Buckley, secretary of the Chamber of Trade in Southwold, said: “It's fantastic and it really puts us on the map.
“It's amazing the amount of people who come here for the events who haven't been to the area before and then they stay on afterwards.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood