Sulley helps the Press Ball
HE'S big and blue and he could be going home with you!That's Sulley, the loveable giant furry star of the recent smash hit movie Monsters Inc who is being auctioned at this year's Ipswich and Suffolk Evening Star Press Ball.
HE'S big and blue and he could be going home with you!
That's Sulley, the loveable giant furry star of the recent smash hit movie Monsters Inc who is being auctioned at this year's Ipswich and Suffolk Evening Star Press Ball.
Staff at the Ipswich branch of Asda have generously donated the loveable ten foot high film character and it is hoped it could raise a four-figure sum for Press Ball charity, Ipswich-based Disability Care Enterprise (DCE).
It's the first day of June tomorrow and that means less than four weeks to go until one of this year's highlights of the Suffolk social calendar.
You may also want to watch:
This year's Press Ball is aiming to raise £20,000 for DCE which will be passed on to buy special equipment to improve the lives of less fortunate local children.
In the past years we've helped improve the lives of over 100 youngsters by raising money for the purchase of life-changing equipment such as special buggies, pushchairs and seats.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 10 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
That £20,000 target is reachable, especially if we get some monstrous bids for this super item.
In the film Monsters Inc, funnyman John Goodman provided the voice for the character James P. 'Sulley' Sullivan as he attempted to return a little girl back into her bedroom through her closet door.
But now you could pretend to be a big blue monster in your very own home with this rare, collectable and highly unusual item.
It is impossible to buy in the shops and only a few of these monsters were ever made.
It has already attracted a couple of 'bids' as customers who have seen the monster on display in the foyer of the Goddard Road branch have already bid £500.
The cuddly creation will officially be up for auction at the star-spangled Press Ball on Friday, June 27, but if you won't be there to bid in person you can still make us an offer!
Any reader who'd like to get their mits on this unique item can call Chris Upson on 01473 324846 and pledge their amount.
FAST FACTS: EVENING STAR PRESS BALL
The Evening Star Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball is being held at the County Hotel, Copdock, on Friday, June 27.
In the last five years, we have raised £135,000 for Disability Care Enterprise.
Last year's total of £40,000 beat the previous best figure of £35,000 in 2000.
The first Press Ball in 1998 raised £6,000