Live music weekends at Snape Maltings postponed
- Credit: Archant
Live music performances at the Snape Maltings Concert Hall which were planned between August 7 and 9 and August 14 to 16 have been postponed.
The concerts were supposed to be part of a pilot scheme to get live music in front of live audiences again following the coronavirus crisis.
The idea was to offer short concerts every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August and into the autumn with two performances per day (2pm and 7pm), as well as a host of free pop-up outdoor performances throughout the summer.
The line-up was to include Antonio Pappano, one of the music directors of the Royal Opera House, performing as pianist with violinists Vilde Frang and Anthony Marwood, viola player Lawrence Power, cellist Nicolas Alstaedt and tenor Ian Bostridge.
The second weekend (August 14 to 16) would have welcomed pianists Christian Blackshaw (August 14), Barry Douglas (August 15) and Imogen Cooper (August 16).
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for Britten Pears Arts said the performances would not be able to go ahead and added: “We hope to be able to resume our plans soon and will send further information in due course.”
The café and shops at Snape Maltings remain open, including the newly reopened Craft Shop. The Red House remains open to visitors from Thursday to Sunday, 11am to 3pm.
Information about rescheduled dates will appear on the Snape Maltings website when the situation becomes clearer.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 7 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 8 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 9 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'