Sunny Big Day Out draws crowds
GALLERY More than 4,000 people took advantage of the weekend's glorious sunshine by having a Big Day Out at the Otley College open day.Families across the region enjoyed scorching temperatures in a day based around fun activities.
MORE than 4,000 people took advantage of the weekend's glorious sunshine by having a Big Day Out at the Otley College open day.
Families across the region enjoyed scorching temperatures in a day based around fun activities.
This year's highlights included a farmers market, Morris dancers, face painting, a sub aqua dive pool, cookery demonstrations, a craft fair and a dog agility competition.
You may also want to watch:
John Nice, college spokesperson, said: “The college has grown considerably over the last few years both in terms of the number of students we have and our showcase event that is the Big Day Out.
“While there is an educational slant to many of our activities, the day is based around family fun and everyone seemed to have a great time this year.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
“Even now, most people still think that we only do agricultural courses at the college so it was fantastic that so many people managed to get a flavour of the huge range of courses and activities we are involved in.”
It was the fourth consecutive year that the college has hosted the Big Day Out.