Sunny Big Day Out draws crowds
GALLERY More than 4,000 people took advantage of the weekend's glorious sunshine by having a Big Day Out at the Otley College open day.Families across the region enjoyed scorching temperatures in a day based around fun activities.
MORE than 4,000 people took advantage of the weekend's glorious sunshine by having a Big Day Out at the Otley College open day.
Families across the region enjoyed scorching temperatures in a day based around fun activities.
This year's highlights included a farmers market, Morris dancers, face painting, a sub aqua dive pool, cookery demonstrations, a craft fair and a dog agility competition.
John Nice, college spokesperson, said: “The college has grown considerably over the last few years both in terms of the number of students we have and our showcase event that is the Big Day Out.
“While there is an educational slant to many of our activities, the day is based around family fun and everyone seemed to have a great time this year.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
“Even now, most people still think that we only do agricultural courses at the college so it was fantastic that so many people managed to get a flavour of the huge range of courses and activities we are involved in.”
It was the fourth consecutive year that the college has hosted the Big Day Out.