Supermodel harassment trial off
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.
Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
The trial was due to take place at Sudbury Magistrates Court, Suffolk, on March 27 and 28.
Pomata's solicitor Greg Perrins told magistrates in Bury St Edmunds he had been detained under the Mental Health Act for six months.
You may also want to watch:
He said the prosecution would now speak to Schiffer and decide if the case should go ahead.
Mr Perrins said Pomata had originally appealed against his detention, and has now withdrawn the appeal.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 9 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 10 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
Ian Devine, prosecuting, said the case would be reviewed again at court in two weeks time.
He said: "We need some time to review the mental health assessment and consult with the complainant."
At the hearing last month the porter had been released on bail by magistrates after he had been detained earlier under the Mental Health Act.
Schiffer and her film producer husband Matthew Vaughn held their wedding celebrations at the mansion last year after they were married at a nearby church.