Supermodel harassment trial off
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.
Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
The trial was due to take place at Sudbury Magistrates Court, Suffolk, on March 27 and 28.
Pomata's solicitor Greg Perrins told magistrates in Bury St Edmunds he had been detained under the Mental Health Act for six months.
He said the prosecution would now speak to Schiffer and decide if the case should go ahead.
Mr Perrins said Pomata had originally appealed against his detention, and has now withdrawn the appeal.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 7 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 8 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 9 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 10 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
Ian Devine, prosecuting, said the case would be reviewed again at court in two weeks time.
He said: "We need some time to review the mental health assessment and consult with the complainant."
At the hearing last month the porter had been released on bail by magistrates after he had been detained earlier under the Mental Health Act.
Schiffer and her film producer husband Matthew Vaughn held their wedding celebrations at the mansion last year after they were married at a nearby church.