Supermodel harassment trial off
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
THE trial of Italian kitchen porter, Agostino Pomata, accused of harassing Claudia Schiffer at her Suffolk home was yesterday postponed.
Pomata denies harassing the super model at Coldham Hall, Stanningfield, the home she shares with the husband Matthew Vaughn, between September and November 2002.
The trial was due to take place at Sudbury Magistrates Court, Suffolk, on March 27 and 28.
Pomata's solicitor Greg Perrins told magistrates in Bury St Edmunds he had been detained under the Mental Health Act for six months.
You may also want to watch:
He said the prosecution would now speak to Schiffer and decide if the case should go ahead.
Mr Perrins said Pomata had originally appealed against his detention, and has now withdrawn the appeal.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
Ian Devine, prosecuting, said the case would be reviewed again at court in two weeks time.
He said: "We need some time to review the mental health assessment and consult with the complainant."
At the hearing last month the porter had been released on bail by magistrates after he had been detained earlier under the Mental Health Act.
Schiffer and her film producer husband Matthew Vaughn held their wedding celebrations at the mansion last year after they were married at a nearby church.