Superslimmers wed -without
SUPERSLIMMERS Frankie and Billie Parker are today enjoying marital delight after losing a combined weight of eight stone for their wedding.Frankie was awarded Woman of the Year at her Kesgrave Slimming World class on Wednesdayafter losing nearly 5st since January, while Billie, 38, has shed 3st by following her partner's diet at home.
SUPERSLIMMERS Frankie and Billie Parker are today enjoying marital delight after losing a combined weight of eight stone for their wedding.
Frankie was awarded Woman of the Year at her Kesgrave Slimming World class on Wednesdayafter losing nearly 5st since January, while Billie, 38, has shed 3st by following her partner's diet at home.
The Kesgrave pair, who married at a civil ceremony on August 9, joked that they lost a Kylie Minogue between them as they endeavoured to make their wedding day a symbol of health as well as happiness.
And they will be jetting off to Jamaica next month for their honeymoon to celebrate.
Frankie, a security guard, said: “It is a new beginning even though there was nothing wrong with our relationship before.
“I am chuffed with what I have achieved and I can't wait to see my holiday photos as they will be much different from last year.”
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 9 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
Frankie, 35, joined her Slimming World class in January weighing more than 18st and knowing she needed to make big changes to prevent serious health problems later in life.
She said: “I needed the competition as a little motivation. I didn't expect to be the best loser every week, but it was great to have the support of the group.”
Her target was to lose 3st for her wedding, but she has smashed that benchmark and doesn't intend on stopping yet.
Her Slimming World consultant, Gail Murton, also said the course has had a dramatic impact on her personality.
She said: “When she first joined she was so quiet but now she is the life and soul of the group. She has gained so much confidence and that comes from being aware of your body.”
Frankie was supported all the way by Billie, a senior custody officer at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court, who didn't join Slimming World but took part in the diet regime at home.
When the law changed three years ago to allow same-sex marriages, the pair decided to get engaged and make plans to have their perfect wedding day.
Frankie said: “We have always had the commitment. Now we have solidity.”
Have you lost a lot of weight for a special occasion? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com