Supervision for samurai teenager
AN IPSWICH man who lost his temper and threatened a man with the sheath of a Samurai sword has been made the subject of a supervision order.Daniel Palmer, 18, of Wherstead Road, Ipswich had been at home playing on a games console when he heard a knock at his door, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
AN IPSWICH man who lost his temper and threatened a man with the sheath of a Samurai sword has been made the subject of a supervision order.
Daniel Palmer, 18, of Wherstead Road, Ipswich had been at home playing on a games console when he heard a knock at his door, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When he answered the door to a man he knew he had slipped over and as he did so the man at the door had grabbed hold of him causing him to “flip in the air”, said Godfried Duah, prosecuting.
Palmer said, “What did you do that for” and had gone into his home where he kept three Samurai swords under his bed. He had then removed the cover from one of the swords and walked towards the man at his front door with it.
Mr Duah said that in his basis of plea Palmer claimed that he had taken the sleeve of the sword outside and not the sword.
Palmer admitted affray and in addition to being made the subject of a supervision order for 12 months he was ordered to pay £200 costs.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Russell Butcher for Palmer said his client had lost his temper after being “flipped over” by the other man resulting in him cutting his head and injuring his collar bone.