Teenager remains in custody after death of woman and child in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy remains in custody following the sudden death of a woman and child in Ipswich.
Police were called to a property in Swinburne Road after a woman’s body was discovered by medical crews.
A young child also found at the property was treated by paramedics but later died at the scene.
The tragedy unfolded when police were called to the scene by the East of England Ambulance Service at 5pm on Wednesday, March 6.
The next of kin for both have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old boy has been arrested for actions indirectly connected to the incident.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
A police cordon is in place on the road in the Whitton area of the town as an investigation into the circumstances of the deaths continues.
A police car remains at the scene and two officers are still guarding the area.
Those with information are asked to call Ipswich CID on 101, quoting CAD reference 284 of March 6.