Tailbacks for Ipswich-bound traffic as car overturns on A12
Rush hour motorists travelling towards Ipswich on the A12 faced delays this morning due an overturned car.
The northbound carriageway was blocked by the green Vauxhall Corsa, which had a Romanian licence plate, close to the junction for Capel St Mary.
Drivers faced several miles of congestion following the crash, which happened shortly after 7am.
Police said the car was in a lay-by and the road was passable, but that traffic had moved into the outside lane to give the wreckage a wide berth, causing congestion.
No one was hurt in the crash but an ambulance was called as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, drivers also faced delays on the A143 at Wattisfield, near Diss, after a lorry tyre blew out. Police were called to the scene just before 8.30am.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers