Felixstowe hockey talent Wash picked for England
- Credit: Archant
A Felixstowe teenager is celebrating becoming the first hockey player from the town to be picked for England.
Sam Wash, 15, a student at Felixstowe Academy who plays for the town’s hockey club, has been called up for the national under 16 squad.
Sam said: “I am still in shock at the thought of being selected to play for England. I am very proud to be able to represent my club and my town and I am so thankful for all of the support I’ve had to get here, from my parents and teachers to my coaches and my sponsors.
“I can’t wait for my England kit to arrive and see it is real!”
Andrew Rowdon from the Rotary Club of Felixstowe, who sponsor Sam, added: We are thrilled to be able to support Sam realising his dream to represent England.
You may also want to watch:
“He has achieved so much for his 15 years – and more than any other player in Felixstowe’s history.”
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season