Tankers crash in Norfolk
Two tankers collided on the A47 in Norfolk today, causing an oil spill.Three fire crews attended the scene of the crash, which happened at about 7.20am today on the A47 at North Burlingham.
Two tankers collided on the A47 in Norfolk today, causing an oil spill.
Three fire crews attended the scene of the crash, which happened at about 7.20am today on the A47 at North Burlingham.
Firefighters used cutting equipment to free one of the drivers who was trapped.
The area was made safe by experts on site after a small leak emerged from one of the tankers. The tankers contained Kerosene and sugar beet.
The road was closed as 30 to 40 litres of oil had also spread across the road. Emergency crews remained on the scene for several hours until the vehicles were recovered.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking