Taser-wielding gang take money from security van
AN investigation has been launched tonight after a masked gang stole a quantity of cash from a security van in Mildenhall.The offence, which took place at just after 8pm in the Market Place, is believed to have involved four offenders.
BALACLAVA-clad robbers armed with a Taser gun stole money from a security van in Mildenhall.
The raid, which took place at Nationwide Building Society just after 8pm yesterday in the Market Place, is believed to have involved four people, all of whom were wearing camouflaged clothing.
They threatened the driver and the security guard and also smashed windows at the bank.
The men fled in a silver W registration Vauxhall Omega, heading toward the A11.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said nobody was hurt in the incident but an undisclosed amount of money had been stolen.
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Constabulary on 01473 613500.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country