Taxi driver robbed in Ipswich
POLICE are today hunting for an armed gang who held-up an Ipswich taxi with a baseball bat.Three men robbed the taxi in Badash Avenue last night, one holding the bat to the driver's neck and demanding cash.
POLICE are today hunting for an armed gang who held-up an Ipswich taxi with a baseball bat.
Three men robbed the taxi in Badash Avenue last night, one holding the bat to the driver's neck and demanding cash.
The incident happened at about 9.45pm as the man arrived in the road to pick up a fare.
As he pulled into the road he noticed three men sitting on a wall near to the address of the property he had been called to.
All three got into the taxi and it was then that demands for cash were made.
They then got out, opened the driver's door, stole a quantity of money and smashed the rear passenger door of the car.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
They ran off towards Shackleton Road and into Queens Way.
The first man is described as of mixed race, 20-25, 5ft 5in tall and of chubby build.
He wore a dark hooded top with the hood up.
The others both wore hoods and were of a smaller build.
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call Pc Amanda Hazell at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.