Housebuilder donates £600 to village's historic football club
- Credit: Brantham Athletic FC
Housebuilder Taylor Wimpey has given £600 to a historic Suffolk football club - to help the team buy much-needed new equipment.
Brantham Athletic Football Club was established in 1887 and currently has teams playing in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division, as well as in the Essex and Suffolk Border League.
Taylor Wimpey, which is making contributions to nearby community facilities ahead of its Stour View development, said the club was a "much-loved local organisation" worthy of extra support.
Darren Smith - chief executive officer at Brantham Athletic FC, which also runs youth teams for children aged seven to 18 - said: “This donation will make it possible for us to maintain the high standards of the club and continue to offer our players the chance to play the sport they truly love.”
Caroline Carter, sales and marketing director at Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, said: “It’s really important for us to support people and organisations in the local community, especially during these difficult times."
Stour View is billed as a collection of two, three, four and five-bedroom homes "surrounded by picturesque Suffolk countryside and close to the River Stour".
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich