Teacher arrested for child pornography
A TEACHER from a Suffolk school has been arrested for allegedly possessing child pornography, The Evening Star can reveal today.The man who police are currently investigating, cannot be named for legal reasons.
A TEACHER from a Suffolk school has been arrested for allegedly possessing child pornography, The Evening Star can reveal today.
The man who police are currently investigating, cannot be named for legal reasons.
He left the school where he was employed, earlier this year.
One worried parent said today: "The children just heard he was not coming back this term."
Suffolk Police today confirmed a man was arrested at his home on May 16.
However, police declined to confirm his identity.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 4 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 8 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 9 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 10 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
A spokesman said: "The man, who is not being named at this stage, was questioned at Sudbury Police Station about allegations of possessing indecent images of children."
It is believed some of the images police are investigating, involved internet pornography.
The police spokesman added: "He has been released on police bail pending further inquiries. No further information will be released at this stage."
The former teacher is due to return to Sudbury Police Station on November 13.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk County Council, on behalf of the school, declined to comment on the matter at this stage.
A spokesman for the Home Office said the maximum sentence for possessing child pornography is five years in prison.