Teacher preparing for great run
A TRAINEE teacher from Ipswich is taking part in a record-breaking attempt to walk the length of the Great Wall of China.Andrea Robinson, 26, is already training for her 137km stretch of the walk which she aims to complete later this summer for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
A TRAINEE teacher from Ipswich is taking part in a record-breaking attempt to walk the length of the Great Wall of China.
Andrea Robinson, 26, is already training for her 137km stretch of the walk which she aims to complete later this summer for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
Some of the 22 groups taking part, all women, plan to walk the whole wall, covering a distance of 4,000kms in six and a half months. It will be the first ever time that an all-female team has walked the whole length.
Andrea, of Nacton Road, Ipswich, who is training to become an English teacher at Bath Spa University College, will be joined by celebrities including gardening guru Charlie Dimmock.
Andrea has been organising craft stalls and a balloon race to raise £1,000 sponsorship, which will go towards plans for the UK's first dedicated breast cancer research centre.
Andrea, who plans to run the Great West Run half marathon from Exeter on May 4, is also hoping to build a "great wall of support" with every brick sponsored by supporters in Ipswich.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 8 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
She is asking for sponsors for the Great Wall of China walk to contact her on (01473) 729129.