Teachers bid to crack crack problem
SUFFOLK'S teachers are being newly armed in the battle against the menace of drugs, The Evening Star reveals today.Five-day training courses have been launched for specialist teachers to take the front line to combat the spread of drugs in schools.
SUFFOLK'S teachers are being newly armed in the battle against the menace of drugs, The Evening Star reveals today.
Five-day training courses have been launched for specialist teachers to take the front line to combat the spread of drugs in schools.
The courses are designed to furnish personal, social and health education (PHSE) classes with up-to-the-minute tactics for tackling the problem.
And since the courses were launched, around 30 of the county's PSHE experts have trooped through the doors.
You may also want to watch:
Dealing with drugs has also attracted figures further up the school hierarachy – 45 headteachers have attended conferences on drug incident policies this year.
County Council education chiefs rubbished claims made by former education minister Estelle Morris that a rock of crack cocaine was the modern equivalent of a fag behind the bike-sheds.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 9 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Re-installed in the cabinet as arts minister, Ms Morris called for more police officers to be stationed in schools to beat the growing menace of crack.
But specially-trained Suffolk police officers are already taking an active role in our county's schools, attempting to head off the drugs menace before it begins.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR