Teen arrested after policeman hit by car
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man was arrested in Ipswich today by police investigating a hit-and-run in which an off-duty police officer was run over.The teenager is currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where he is being questioned by officers about the incident in Wangford, near Southwold, around 8.
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man was arrested in Ipswich by police investigating a hit-and-run in which an off-duty police officer was run over.
The teenager was taken to Lowestoft police station yesterday where was being questioned by officers about the incident in Wangford, near Southwold, around 8.20pm on Friday.
The 31-year-old police officer, who works for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary at Sizewell, was injured when he was reversed into as he tried to speak to the driver of a car that had crashed into a wall in Elms Lane.
Three men were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder shortly afterwards and have now been released on bail pending further inquiries.
As the officer approached the Honda vehicle, it is alleged the driver reversed at speed, knocking him over and then leaving the scene.
The runaway car then crashed into four stationary and unoccupied vehicles before leaving the area.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
The officer was taken to James Paget Hospital, in Gorleston, with pelvic injuries, but later released.