Teenager arrested in connection to stabbing in Cromer Road in Ipswich
- Credit: AMY GIBBONS
A 19-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a stabbing in Ipswich on Friday.
Police were called just before 8.10pm on Friday, August 24, to reports a man had been attacked in the area of Cromer Road, near to the junction with Norwich Road.
Yesterday evening officers from Suffolk police arrested a 19-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm in connection with the assault.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he currently remains for questioning.
According to a police spokesman, the victim, aged 19, was attacked by a group of three or more men.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries, including stab wounds, are not considered to be life-threatening.
A police spokesman added it is believed the assault was a ‘targeted attack’.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
Detectives are to appealing for any witnesses to the assault, or anyone who was driving in the area with a dash cam fitted to their vehicle, to get in touch.
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 48550/18.
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org