Teen robbed in Felixstowe
A TEENAGE boy was left shocked and shaken after a gang robbed him on a dark, lonely and isolated path at Felixstowe.Detectives today appealed for information to help them trace the group which carried out the incident.
A TEENAGE boy was left shocked and shaken after a gang robbed him on a dark, lonely and isolated path at Felixstowe.
Detectives today appealed for information to help them trace the group which carried out the incident.
The 15-year-old had been on the seafront during the afternoon and decided to walk back to his home at Cavendish Park via a little-used footpath which cuts through embankments above the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road.
The youngster walked along Walton Avenue and then up Peewit Hill, but then took the path through a wooded area which runs towards Glemsford Close.
About halfway along the path - which goes between the rear of houses and the dual carriageway - he was confronted by a group of men.
The gang, described as in their late teens or early 20s, surrounded him and threatened the teenager and told him to hand over his valuables.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
A small amount of cash and a mobile phone were then taken from the boy and the group ran off down the path towards Dock Gate One.
A police spokeswoman said the boy was unhurt but was left "shocked and shaken" by the incident, which happened at around 5.30pm on Sunday .
She said police needed to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the incident or the group of men involved - witnesses may have seen them in the area earlier in the afternoon, or running away after their crime.
They would have emerged from the path near the bottom of Peewit Hill next to the drive-in McDonalds restaurant and people may have noticed them trying to cross the roundabout.
Anyone who has any information which could help the police investigation is asked to call Felixstowe CID on 01473 613500.
What do you think of this crime? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org