Teenage A14 victim named
A TEENAGER who died following a collision with a lorry and a car on the A14 has been named as Ronnie Alex of Stowmarket.The 15-year-old was killed while walking along the westbound carriageway of the road at Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday evening.
A TEENAGER who died following a collision with a lorry and a car on the A14 has been named as Ronnie Alex of Stowmarket.
The 15-year-old was killed while walking along the westbound carriageway of the road at Bury St Edmunds at around 6.30pm on Tuesday night.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a formal identification has yet to be carried out although the force has taken the step of releasing his name.
Ronnie's parents are described as being “extremely distraught” and are being comforted by police officers.
The accident led to the closure of the carriageway for several hours.
Police believe Ronnie was struck by both the heavy goods vehicle and the car.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 7 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 8 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police investigation is underway.
Anyone who saw the accident is asked to call Pc Roger Bishop at Suffolk police's Bury St Edmunds roads policing team on 01473 613500.