Teenage boy released from custody following gun incident in Ipswich’s Grove Lane
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
A teenager who was arrested in connection with a firearms incident in Ipswich has been released under investigation.
The incident happened in Grove Lane around 4.55pm yesterday, when five males, two of whom were carrying guns, were reported to have entered a home and threatened the three occupants before running away.
Around 6.20pm that evening, a 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear.
The teenager was released from custody this afternoon pending further enquiries.
Multiple armed police units were sent to the scene and the National Police Air Service helicopter was also spotted circling above the area.
You may also want to watch:
One of the three occupants was assaulted during the incident and sustained minor injuries
Grove Lane was closed to traffic as the drama unfolded.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
While detectives believe this was a targeted incident, witnesses or anyone with information is urged to contact South Criminal Investigation Department in Ipswich on 101 quoting reference CAD 307 of October 3.