Teenage boy released from custody following gun incident in Ipswich’s Grove Lane
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
A teenager who was arrested in connection with a firearms incident in Ipswich has been released under investigation.
The incident happened in Grove Lane around 4.55pm yesterday, when five males, two of whom were carrying guns, were reported to have entered a home and threatened the three occupants before running away.
Around 6.20pm that evening, a 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear.
The teenager was released from custody this afternoon pending further enquiries.
Multiple armed police units were sent to the scene and the National Police Air Service helicopter was also spotted circling above the area.
One of the three occupants was assaulted during the incident and sustained minor injuries
Grove Lane was closed to traffic as the drama unfolded.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 6 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 7 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
While detectives believe this was a targeted incident, witnesses or anyone with information is urged to contact South Criminal Investigation Department in Ipswich on 101 quoting reference CAD 307 of October 3.