Teenage girl airlifted to hospital
A 13-YEAR-OLD girl was airlifted to hospital today after hurting her back at Manningtree High School in Colchester Road, Lawford.The accident happened around 10am.
A 13-YEAR-OLD girl was airlifted to hospital today after hurting her back at Manningtree High School in Colchester Road, Lawford.
The accident happened around 10am.
Air crew paramedic Karl Edwards said: “The girl fell in gym class and landed on her back, causing considerable pain.
“We landed in the schoolyard and were backed up by a land vehicle. After assessing the patient, we carefully moved her onto a spinal board as a preventative measure. It looked like the pain was due to a muscular rather than spinal injury, but you never can be too careful in situations like this.
“We flew her to Colchester General Hospital, where further tests will be performed to determine the exact nature of the injury.”
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station