Teenage girl grabbed in attack
A TEENAGE girl was grabbed round the mouth by an unidentified assailant in a terrifying daylight ordeal.The 14-year-old was walking her dog in the area of Turkey Hall Lane, Bacton, near Stowmarket, just after 4.
A TEENAGE girl was grabbed round the mouth by an unidentified assailant in a terrifying daylight ordeal.
The 14-year-old was walking her dog in the area of Turkey Hall Lane, Bacton, near Stowmarket, just after 4.30pm yesterday when a man riding a moped passed her.
The driver parked behind the girl and got off his machine.
As he walked passed her he grabbed her mouth but the brave teenager managed to fight the attacker off by biting his hand.
The assailant fled and the girl was able to walk safely back to her house.
A spokesman for Suffolk police described the teenager as shaken but unhurt by the incident.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
He said: "This was a terrifying thing to happen.
"We would like to hear from anyone who may have information on who the offender might have been.
Suffolk police have described the man as dark skinned and wearing a red, yellow and black motorcycle helmet which completely covered his face.
Anyone who might have seen the incident or the man on the moped acting suspiciously in the area is asked to phone Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.