Teenage rider killed in smash
AN 18-year-old motorcyclist was killed when his motorcycle was in collision with a tractor and trailer on a country road near the Suffolk Norfolk border.
POLICE are investigating today after an 18-year-old motorcyclist was killed when his motorcycle was in collision with a tractor and trailer on a country road near the Suffolk/Norfolk border.
An ambulance crew from Thetford tried to resuscitate the teenager and were joined by paramedics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance. But the motorcyclist died at the scene.
The collision happened on Nerthergate Street, Hopton, at 4.50pm yesterday.
No one else was injured in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said details of the rider would not be released until next of kin had been informed.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 7 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 8 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Ipswich company pleads guilty after post-Grenfell fire notice ignored