Teenage road victim named
A 16-YEAR-OLD motorcyclist who was killed on a Suffolk road has today been named.Sam Kerry, of Sparrow Court, Debenham, was believed to be on his way to work at Notcutts Garden Centre in Woodbridge when the fatal accident happened yesterday.
By MARK BULSTRODE
A 16-YEAR-OLD motorcyclist who was killed on a Suffolk road has today been named.
Sam Kerry, of Sparrow Court, Debenham, was on his way to work at Notcutts Garden Centre in Woodbridge when the fatal accident happened. His bike was in collision with a car on the A1120 at Earl Soham early yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics made efforts to revive the rider at the scene of the accident, but he was pronounced dead on arrival at Ipswich Hospital.
William Notcutt, managing director of Notcutts Ltd said Sam had been an apprentice with the company since July 29 and had worked in all areas of the garden centre.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
"It has knocked us all sideways," said Mr Notcutt. "Sam was known as a keen, enthusiastic and willing learner and was well liked. Our deepest sympathies go out to Sam's parents at this time."
Meanwhile, two bunches of flowers offer a poignant reminder of the spot where a Suffolk teenager was fatally injured in a car smash on a Suffolk road.
Simon Wright, 18 from The Street, Easton, was driving along the B1078 towards Easton when his car collided with a tree.
The crash, which happened near to Glevering Hall, Needham Market at around 10.30am last Wednesday.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was scrambled to take him to Ipswich Hospital, although he was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge soon after. He died at the hospital yesterday.
The two deaths bring the total number of deaths on Suffolk's roads this year to 43 and cap a particularly horrific week for deaths on Suffolk roads.
Pensioner Lucy Davies died yesterday after an accident in Belmont Road.