Teenage road victim named
A 16-YEAR-OLD motorcyclist who was killed on a Suffolk road has today been named.Sam Kerry, of Sparrow Court, Debenham, was believed to be on his way to work at Notcutts Garden Centre in Woodbridge when the fatal accident happened yesterday.
By MARK BULSTRODE
A 16-YEAR-OLD motorcyclist who was killed on a Suffolk road has today been named.
Sam Kerry, of Sparrow Court, Debenham, was on his way to work at Notcutts Garden Centre in Woodbridge when the fatal accident happened. His bike was in collision with a car on the A1120 at Earl Soham early yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics made efforts to revive the rider at the scene of the accident, but he was pronounced dead on arrival at Ipswich Hospital.
William Notcutt, managing director of Notcutts Ltd said Sam had been an apprentice with the company since July 29 and had worked in all areas of the garden centre.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
"It has knocked us all sideways," said Mr Notcutt. "Sam was known as a keen, enthusiastic and willing learner and was well liked. Our deepest sympathies go out to Sam's parents at this time."
Meanwhile, two bunches of flowers offer a poignant reminder of the spot where a Suffolk teenager was fatally injured in a car smash on a Suffolk road.
Simon Wright, 18 from The Street, Easton, was driving along the B1078 towards Easton when his car collided with a tree.
The crash, which happened near to Glevering Hall, Needham Market at around 10.30am last Wednesday.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was scrambled to take him to Ipswich Hospital, although he was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge soon after. He died at the hospital yesterday.
The two deaths bring the total number of deaths on Suffolk's roads this year to 43 and cap a particularly horrific week for deaths on Suffolk roads.
Pensioner Lucy Davies died yesterday after an accident in Belmont Road.