Teenaged mum steals clothes and purses
A TEENAGE mother who admitted shoplifting from two town centre stores has been given a 12-month conditional discharge.South East Suffolk Magistrates' heard Natasha Bird stole items of clothing from QD and Primark in Ipswich on February 11.
A TEENAGE mother who admitted shoplifting from two town centre stores has been given a 12-month conditional discharge.
South East Suffolk Magistrates' heard Natasha Bird stole items of clothing from QD and Primark in Ipswich on February 11.
The 18-year-old – who lives in a mother and baby unit in Bury St Edmunds – was spotted stealing two purses and a top by QD staff.
Police attended and recovered these items along with items of clothing worth £48.50 stolen earlier that day from Primark. Bird made full admissions to police.
Howard Catherall, mitigating, said: "It was a spur of the moment decision to obtain clothing for her two year old child. All items were recovered undamaged and were of low value."
Sentencing John Wyllie, chairman of the bench, told Bird, of Acacia Avenue: "I sincerely hope that this is a blip and won't happen again."
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Company requests £1.8m loan to finish Broomhill Lido project