Teenager admits rape of six-year-old
A FELIXSTOWE teenager who raped a six-year-old boy has been sentenced to 28 months detention.The 14-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, also indecently assaulted an eight-year-old boy, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A FELIXSTOWE teenager who raped a six-year-old boy has been sentenced to 28 months detention.
The 14-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, also indecently assaulted an eight-year-old boy, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Sentencing the boy Judge Nicholas Beddard described the offences as "very worrying" and said the boy clearly needed help.
He said he gave him full credit for owning up to the offences to the police and for his guilty pleas which saved the boys coming to court to give evidence.
You may also want to watch:
The boy was sentenced to 28 months detention and was ordered to sign on the sex offenders' register for five years.
Judge Beddard directed that the boy should receive appropriate help for his offending while he is in custody.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 5 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit