Teenager appears in court after Ford Focus police pursuit in Kesgrave
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A teenager charged with dangerous driving and other offences after a police pursuit in Kesgrave is due to return to court next week.
Charlie Newby, 18, of no fixed address, was arrested after the alleged incident on Thursday afternoon, Ipswich magistrates’ court was told this morning.
The incident began when a blue Ford Focus was requested to stop by police near the junction of Main Road and Bell Lane at around 1.50pm on Thursday. Newby was arrested later in Purdis Farm Lane.
He was charged with six offences: dangerous driving; driving whilst unfit through drugs; driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence; driving without insurance; failing to stop for police; criminal damage to a BMW 3 Series.
He was remanded in custody before his first appearance at Ipswich magistrates’ court today.
You may also want to watch:
No plea was entered for any of the offences, and no applications were made for bail.
Newby was remanded in custody and is due to appear back at Ipswich magistrates’ court via video-link on Tuesday, September 5, for his next hearing, the court was told.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
Prior to the hearing on Saturday, police said a 17-year-old boy from the Saxmundham area, who was also arrested in connection with the incident, was released under investigation pending further enquiries.