Teenager appears in court after Ford Focus police pursuit in Kesgrave
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A teenager charged with dangerous driving and other offences after a police pursuit in Kesgrave is due to return to court next week.
Charlie Newby, 18, of no fixed address, was arrested after the alleged incident on Thursday afternoon, Ipswich magistrates’ court was told this morning.
The incident began when a blue Ford Focus was requested to stop by police near the junction of Main Road and Bell Lane at around 1.50pm on Thursday. Newby was arrested later in Purdis Farm Lane.
He was charged with six offences: dangerous driving; driving whilst unfit through drugs; driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence; driving without insurance; failing to stop for police; criminal damage to a BMW 3 Series.
He was remanded in custody before his first appearance at Ipswich magistrates’ court today.
No plea was entered for any of the offences, and no applications were made for bail.
Newby was remanded in custody and is due to appear back at Ipswich magistrates’ court via video-link on Tuesday, September 5, for his next hearing, the court was told.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
Prior to the hearing on Saturday, police said a 17-year-old boy from the Saxmundham area, who was also arrested in connection with the incident, was released under investigation pending further enquiries.