Teenager arrested after cars damaged
POLICE have arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection with damage costing thousands of pounds to around 20 cars in Kirton.Felixstowe police investigated the incidents and arrested the teenager, who comes from the Trimley villages.
POLICE have arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection with damage costing thousands of pounds to around 20 cars in Kirton.
Felixstowe police investigated the incidents and arrested the teenager, who comes from the Trimley villages.
He has been questioned and has now been released on police bail to return to Felixstowe police station on Tuesday July 15 pending further inquiries.
At that stage he will either face charges, have his bail renewed and extended, or the case will be dropped.
You may also want to watch:
The arrest follows a trail of damage through the village of Kirton overnight on Saturday June 7 and Sunday June 8.
Virtually every household where a car had been left outside in the road or a driveway found their tyres had been punctured with a sharp knife.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
Some families found their vehicles had had not just one, but two or three tyres done – with the total bill for repairs estimated at around £2,500.
It meant some people were not able to go to work or take their children to school by car as they waited for fresh tyres to arrive.
The cars which were damaged had been parked all along Bucklesham Road through the village, from the near the school right up to Park Lane.