Teenager arrested after Ipswich stabbing
A 19-YEAR-OLD man is under arrest today after a 44-year-old male was stabbed in Humber Doucy Lane, Ipswich.A spokesman for Suffolk police said the victim is not believed to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
A 19-YEAR-OLD teenager is under arrest today after man was stabbed at a house in Humber Doucy Lane, Ipswich.
Officers were alerted to the incident by paramedics after they were called to the property early yesterday morning.
When police arrived at the premises a 44-year-old man was being treated for stab wounds to his chest.
Inspector Graham Burch, a spokesman for Suffolk police said the victim's injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Burch said: “At 1.55am on Sunday police were called to an incident in Humber Doucy Lane. A 44-year-old had been stabbed. Another male has been arrested in connection with the incident.”
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said paramedics were called to the house shortly after the incident.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
An ambulance with two crew members, and an off-duty officer, were sent to the semi-detached property, which is situated between Dumbarton Road and Roxburgh Road, following a phone call to their control room at 1.52am.
The suspect, who was arrested shortly afterwards, was taken to Ipswich police station where he was questioned about the alleged attack.
The injured man was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Scenes of crime officers could be seen at the house yesterday, which was cordoned off as forensic evidence was gathered.