Teenager arrested after stabbing in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of GBH following a stabbing that took place in Ipswich on Monday.
Police were contacted by the Ambulance Service at about 6.30pm on Monday, March 11 after it received a call from a 17-year-old boy who said he had been stabbed.
The victim had been attacked in an alleyway which runs between Bramford Lane and Broadway Lane.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to the wound, which was not life-threatening or life-changing and he was later discharged from hospital.
Officers have now made an arrest following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “A 17 year old male teenager was arrested earlier this afternoon (Thursday March, 14) on suspicion of GBH and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and is where he currently remains.”
Five people who were arrested in connection with the incident earlier in the week have since been released and face no further police action at this time.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Those who may have been witnesses this incident are asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101 quoting reference 13979/19.
Alternatively you can call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.