Teenager banned from driving
A TEENAGER who drove dangerously in Suffolk with a child in his car has been banned from driving.Harry Berry sped through the streets of Martlesham clipping kerbs and driving around a roundabout the wrong way South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard.
A TEENAGER who drove dangerously in Suffolk with a child in his car has been banned from driving.
Harry Berry sped through the streets of Martlesham clipping kerbs and driving around a roundabout the wrong way South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard.
The 18-year-old of Little Street, Yoxford pleaded guilty to dangerous driving on November 28 last year, as well as fraudulent use of a licence, failing to stop when asked by a police officer, having no insurance, no MOT and no car tax.
The court heard that the offences were aggravated by the fact that the child passenger was in Berry's Ford Fiesta car at the time and he had driven in excess of the speed limit in a built up area.
You may also want to watch:
Rosalind Clark, prosecuting said police officers pursued Berry along Top Street, Ipswich Road, Old Barrack Road and Seckford Hall Road. She said he was seen mounting a kerb and driving the wrong way around a roundabout.
Magistrates sentenced Berry to 16 weeks in a young offenders institute but suspended the term for 18 months. He was also placed on a supervision order for 18 months and told to attend the Think First programme.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
Berry was disqualified from driving for 12 months and told to take an extended retest. He was also told to pay £43 towards court costs.
Magistrates told Berry they had taken his mitigating guilty pleas into consideration when passing sentence.