Teenager charged with dangerous driving
AN IPSWICH 15-year-old will appear before a youth court today charged with FIVE dangerous driving offences.The alleged teenage tearaway – who is not eligible to drive – also faced four charges of taking a vehicle without consent.
AN IPSWICH 15-year-old will appear before a youth court today charged with FIVE dangerous driving offences.
The alleged teenage tearaway – who is not eligible to drive – also faced four charges of taking a vehicle without consent.
The incidents were alleged to have taken place over a four-month period from December last year to March.
The youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, spent last night in local authority care following a 20-minute hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates.
Wearing a blue top and beige trousers and clutching a baseball cap he sat expressionless in the dock as prosecutor, Gareth Davies, said the youth faced a number of charges.
He had appeared from custody flanked by two security officers because of failure to attend the youth court on March 7, the two magistrates sitting were told.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
It follows a first appearance on March 5.
His concerned aunt sat in the public gallery throughout the hearing at the Elm Street courthouse in Ipswich.
Dino Barricella, defending, told magistrates that: "These are alleged matters," and suggested that the youth should stay at his aunt's address overnight.
It is expected that the youth will enter pleas on the charges at the youth court today.
Chairman of the bench David Coe said the youth would be placed in the care of the local authority.
He is also subject to a curfew from 7 pm until 7 am and can only go out accompanied by an adult.