Teenager counts cost of car blaze
A DEVASTATED Felixstowe teenager is counting the cost today after he found his suped-up car in flames.Richard Higgins, 19, of Gosford Way, Felixstowe did not have the £4,500 prize-winning car insured as he had been banned from driving two months ago.
A FELIXSTOWE teenager is counting the cost today after his suped-up car was set alight by an arsonist.
Richard Higgins, 19, of Gosford Way, Felixstowe did not have the £4,500 prize-winning car insured as he had been banned from driving two months ago.
He had been desperately looking forward to the day he could drive his treasured red car again in a month's time. But now all he can do is remove the Around 4.30pm on Monday Mr Higgins looked out of his window after hearing a car alarm and saw his sporty Ford Escort in flames.
He called the fire brigade and tried to fight the fire himself with a bucket of water to no avail as all that is left of his car today is mainly the scorched frame.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters told him that the fire had started in the passenger seat.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service confirmed the fire was being treated as arson.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 9 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 10 Man smashed ATM screen at service station after not receiving cash
Mr Higgins, who said he had been banned from driving because of insurance problems, has also lost £1,400 worth of stereo equipment to the fire and a TV that was also fitted inside the car.
The ventilation fitter had been saving up for the car since 1998 and had taken his car to RS Turbo shows where it had won prizes.