Teenager dies after falling from lorry
A TEENAGER has died after falling off a lorry on a Norfolk road.The accident happened in the early hours of today on the A11 between the Thickthorn roundabout and Ketteringham junction.
A TEENAGER has died after falling off a lorry on a Norfolk road.
The accident happened in the early hours of today on the A11 between the Thickthorn roundabout and Ketteringham junction.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said it is believed two youngsters were travelling on the outside of the vehicle when one fell off at around 3am today.
The name of the teenager, who is believed to have been 18 and came from the Norwich area, will not be released until next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place.
The other young male and the driver of the vehicle, a 59-year-old man from the Aylsham area, were both uninjured.
It is believed the two may have climbed onto the outside of the vehicle on the inner ring road close to the junction with Unthank Road in Norwich.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 3 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 4 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 7 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 8 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 9 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 10 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
Officers would be keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this happening.
There may have been a third male present in the Unthank Road area and officers would also be keen to speak to that person.
Anyone with information is to contact Sgt John Tobin at Wymondham Road Policing Unit on 0845 456 4567.