Teenager in court over fatal crash
A TEENAGER was due to face court today charged with careless driving following the death of Ipswich grandmother Susan Garnham.Mrs Garnham, 61, suffered fatal injuries when she was in collision with a car in Stoke Park Drive on Easter Sunday, March 23.
A TEENAGER was due to face court today charged with careless driving following the death of Ipswich grandmother Susan Garnham.
Mrs Garnham, 61, suffered fatal injuries when she was in collision with a car in Stoke Park Drive on Easter Sunday, March 23.
Kyler Jackson, 18, of Blake Road, Ipswich, was due to appear in South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court today charged with driving without due care and attention, failing to stop at the scene of the accident, failing to report an accident and driving without insurance.
Mrs Garnham, of Hexham Road, was found collapsed in the snow when police arrived at the scene at 8.45am. She was pronounced dead a short time later at Ipswich Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Two days after the accident, her husband, Mike Garnham, spoke about how he was left numb by her death. He said normally he would have accompanied her on the short walk from her Hexham Close home but on that day, he was watching the Grand Prix so she went alone.
The couple had celebrated their 40th anniversary just two weeks before Mrs Garnham died.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
He said: “She was a friend to everyone. We'd never been happier.
“She was so happy with life. She loved her grandchildren. She was very generous - everybody loved her.”
Mrs Garnham came to Ipswich as a girl and went to Northgate High School. She had worked as an administrator at Stoke High School for the past 28 years.
In the aftermath of the accident, Mr Garnham made a heartfelt plea for the driver to give themselves up.