Teenager killed on Suffolk road
A TEENAGER has died following a crash at a notorious accident blackspot on a Suffolk road.The male driver of a Citroen Saxo was certified dead at West Suffolk Hospital following a collision on the B1106 at Elveden.
A TEENAGER has died following a crash at a notorious accident blackspot on a Suffolk road.
The male driver of a Citroen Saxo was certified dead at West Suffolk Hospital following a collision on the B1106 at Elveden.
He was the only person in the car and no other vehicles were involved in the incident.
The crash happened about a mile south of the Elveden crossroads just before 8.30pm last night.
You may also want to watch:
Police will not release the name of the 19-year-old driver until next of kin have been informed but he is believed to be from the Brandon area.
In 1999 £600,000 of improvements were made at the crossroads, including traffic lights and a lowering of the speed limit. In the year after the changes there were no serious accidents for a year.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
However in the two decades prior to the improvements being made more than 50 people were killed in accidents at the blackspot.