Teenager killed on Suffolk road
A TEENAGER has died following a crash at a notorious accident blackspot on a Suffolk road.The male driver of a Citroen Saxo was certified dead at West Suffolk Hospital following a collision on the B1106 at Elveden.
A TEENAGER has died following a crash at a notorious accident blackspot on a Suffolk road.
The male driver of a Citroen Saxo was certified dead at West Suffolk Hospital following a collision on the B1106 at Elveden.
He was the only person in the car and no other vehicles were involved in the incident.
The crash happened about a mile south of the Elveden crossroads just before 8.30pm last night.
You may also want to watch:
Police will not release the name of the 19-year-old driver until next of kin have been informed but he is believed to be from the Brandon area.
In 1999 £600,000 of improvements were made at the crossroads, including traffic lights and a lowering of the speed limit. In the year after the changes there were no serious accidents for a year.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 6 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
However in the two decades prior to the improvements being made more than 50 people were killed in accidents at the blackspot.